What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Removed, washed, polished and ceramic coated both rear wheels. Tomorrow the front one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 36
reversed front tire

Got a Dunlap American Elite rear tire installed. Reversed mounted. Took some pics to show at least on this tire that doing this does not point the water grooves in the wrong direction. Took a short 10 mile ride to test the handling and to spread the Ride On out that I use in every MC tire I get. Seems to track well. Maybe a little less of the feeling that your pushing the tire threw a turn. We'll have to see how it handles in the rain.

Attachments

• arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 35
  • tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 34
  • tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 30
I've made a decision

I have a 2019 with the old oil pump. I have not had any problem, but I am going to be replacing the cam plate and oil pump soon.

At that time I am going to put a low/mid range cam in it that has a very aggressive lope.

Following video is not my bike, but it is an M8 with the same cam I am planning on using. Click the following link to hear the nice lope it has.https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1915220008627248

Kevin

Total mileage check

So I've been taking the trike out whenever the weather co-operated this winter. I noticed this morning while getting read to take 'er out for a longer spin, that I was down to less then a 1/4 tank. I always wanted to know how far I could go after the gas light came on. It always seem to come on around 150-170 mile mark and would take right around 4+ gals to top her off. Light hadn't come on yet so I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a nice little one gal. gas can. On my way home the gas light came on right at 150. Got home and filled the new little tank up and headed out. Had a nice 30 mile loop planned that gave me highway and back roads. Right around 200 miles I noticed a little burp. I was coming up to a circle hoping it wouldn't suddenly die on me. Was just coming out of a left turn and started to accelerate when...nothing....then stated to accelerate... then nothing.... I was through the turn and going straight again and it picked up so I went another 2 miles down the road before I pulled over. I was only a few miles from my gas station so only added a half a gal of gas. Pull up to the pump and got 5.6 gallons at 203 miles. So about 50 +- miles from the warning light. Something good to know when on the road between gas stops and the gas light comes on.

So I've been taking the trike out whenever the weather co-operated this winter. I noticed this morning while getting read to take 'er out for a longer spin, that I was down to less then a 1/4 tank. I always wanted to know how far I could go after the gas light came on. It always seem to come on around 150-170 mile mark and would take right around 4+ gals to top her off. Light hadn't come on yet so I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a nice little one gal. gas can. On my way home the gas light came on right at 150. Got home and filled the new little tank up and headed out. Had a nice 30 mile loop planned that gave me highway and back roads. Right around 200 miles I noticed a little burp. I was coming up to a circle hoping it wouldn't suddenly die on me. Was just coming out of a left turn and started to accelerate when...nothing....then stated to accelerate... then nothing.... I was through the turn and going straight again and it picked up so I went another 2 miles down the road before I pulled over. I was only a few miles from my gas station so only added a half a gal of gas. Pull up to the pump and got 5.6 gallons at 203 miles. So about 50 +- miles from the warning light. Something good to know when on the road between gas stops and the gas light comes on.

That wound't happen to be the Flemington Circle ?...Thats one place you don't want to run outa gas...They worked on that abortion for over two years, And i thought that they were eliminating it.....Instead its still there in all its glory..:gah:.

Back to miles to walking, That seems about right give or take 20 miles or so.ThumbUp..

That wound't happen to be the Flemington Circle ?...Thats one place you don't want to run outa gas...They worked on that abortion for over two years, And i thought that they were eliminating it.....Instead its still there in all its glory..:gah:.

Back to miles to walking, That seems about right give or take 20 miles or so.ThumbUp..

Good guess. Exactly my thoughts as I made that last turn to get on 202 north. The pick up musta sucked some air in that turn.

Got out today and tested my newly installed heated grips and heated clothing (top, pants and socks).

Temp was in the mid 40’s, had the clothing on “1” all the way around and the grips on “2 1/2”… No chaps.. I’ve got a pair of heated gloves (self contained battery) and never needed to turn them on with the grips.

Nice and comfortable!

Man, why the ### did I wait so long to add these items? :laugh:

Just a thought here being you had to replace the water pump the old pump wasn’t working well and the engine was overheating a little so now with the new pump the fan doesn’t have to turn on to cool the engine as much..
Replacing the water pump was the best thing i have ever done to the trike. Fans don't run and there is just a little warmth coming out of the air vents. Bike runs so much cooler. Wish in would have replacing that crap pump years ago.

What pisses me off about the whole deal is HD got me for another $400 for the defective piece of crap they sold with the bike. Didn't mind installing it, but i don't like buying junk right out of the box.

Replacing the water pump was the best thing i have ever done to the trike. Fans don't run and there is just a little warmth coming out of the air vents. Bike runs so much cooler. Wish in would have replacing that crap pump years ago.

What pisses me off about the whole deal is HD got me for another $400 for the defective piece of crap they sold with the bike. Didn't mind installing it, but i don't like buying junk right out of the box.

That whole water head idea is stupid. Go full jacket and get it over with .That air cooled technology no work on the 103 and larger engines. That water pump cost me a trip 3 yrs ago .

I'm a fan of the stock Harley filter cover and did the You Tube airbox mod when I added the K&N filter along with a catch can. It woke the trike up noticeably and I intended to go no further but I found a great price on the Screaming Eagle kit that I couldn't turn down. The problem with it was the filter takes up the whole back plate and is open to the throttle body opening. So anything I built has to not have anything that could come loose and get sucked into the engine like a hose clamp or ty-wrap. You may find where I put the catch can a bit different. Been there for a few thousand miles with no issues. It's out of the way and the catch can comes right out for service. Also notice the front hose goes around the front of the stand off. If it went behind it the taper of the filter pinched down on the hose. If I crazy glue the hose to the Tee there will be no way anything can come loose.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 36
  • filter1.jpg
    filter1.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 35
  • filter2.jpg
    filter2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 35
  • filter3.jpg
    filter3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
  • catchcan1.jpg
    catchcan1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 33
  • catchcan2.jpg
    catchcan2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 34
  • catchcan3.jpg
    catchcan3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 34
  • airfilter.jpg
    airfilter.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 38
Brought it home

Picked the TG up from the dealer. After some conversation, headed for home. Beautiful day except for the wind in the afternoon. Tried to screw my helmet off my head.

All in all, good day. New to me trike and experience as I rode two wheels for many years.

Dang hard teaching an old dog new tricks.

Picked the TG up from the dealer. After some conversation, headed for home. Beautiful day except for the wind in the afternoon. Tried to screw my helmet off my head.

All in all, good day. New to me trike and experience as I rode two wheels for many years.

Dang hard teaching an old dog new tricks.

I've observed a lot more "experienced" riders going to 3 wheels than vice versa. Different, yes; but I sure enjoy mine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png