Some Changes to the 2019 Freewheeler

I dig the Bonniville Salt Pearl. The motor too.I undig the ABS,traction control,and hill hold??? WTF-that works well on a semi truck but an ittybitty tri-cycle? 3 more things to go wrong.

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with you. I like the brakes on my Freewheeler. I don't like that they changed the front to four piston. The 6 work well.

They have some colors I really like. Denim red & pearl.

The big changes are both trikes getting the M8 114 cu. in. motor.

Along with traction control, hill hold & ABS. Looking at the pics, it looks like they went to 4 piston calipers up front, a change from 6.

You can see the details here:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/index.html

I wonder if HD changed the engine cases? HMMMMMMM

Hope they solved the oil migration problem but I doubt it

Jack, I think the new bonneville salt pearl color was made for Florida.

I actually like the denim white I have seen at the dealer. IMO, it would be great looking on a FW.

I cant tell on the website what changes, if any were made to the suspension. It says it was enhanced.

From Cycle World

On the hardware side, the 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra and Freewheeler get new front and rear suspension. The new front suspension features dual bending valve internal technology for more linear damping performance, smoother ride, and better feel. Emulsion technology rear suspension feature a single-knob preload adjustment.

In addition, select 2019 Touring and trike motorcycles are powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine. Harley says the Milwaukee-Eight 114 delivers up to 5 percent more torque than the Milwaukee-Eight 107 (123 pound-feet versus 117 pound-feet) and up to 5 percent quicker 0-to-60-mph acceleration than Milwaukee-Eight 107.

Reactions: MDO
The suspension change will be most likely not even be that noticeable but the bump in power is nice and its a shame they decreased the brake calipers to four instead of six.. To me the price increase to $28,000 for the freewheeler is starting to get to point where its not a good deal and not worth buying it.. i can buy rushmore tri glides with less then 10k miles on them for less money then a new 2019 freewheeler

Doc's (in St. Louis) just sent out a "The 2019's are here!" advertisement and are showing the Bonneville Salt Pearl as an option for the Freewheeler. Not sure if that is just a link from the MoCo or if they are a available nation wide

The suspension change will be most likely not even be that noticeable but the bump in power is nice and its a shame they decreased the brake calipers to four instead of six.. To me the price increase to $28,000 for the freewheeler is starting to get to point where its not a good deal and not worth buying it.. i can buy rushmore tri glides with less then 10k miles on them for less money then a new 2019 freewheeler

Yeah.... when I saw the price up $3k since I thought that the MoCo is going to cross the edge of the envelope on what people will pay for these machines. Not sure that all of the new add-ons to the standard are needed and just add to the base sticker price..... just sayin

And if you do want to lay out the coin, the HD trike is a bit of a dark horse for the aftermarket "stuff". It is really hard to trick out one of these machines and that is a turnoff for some. There are LOTS of goodies for 2017+ bikes, but when you say "trike" they say...not enough volume to justify the investment. Keep jacking the price $1500/yr and they might start saying that about the Trike itself...

Yeah.... when I saw the price up $3k since I thought that the MoCo is going to cross the edge of the envelope on what people will pay for these machines. Not sure that all of the new add-ons to the standard are needed and just add to the base sticker price..... just sayin

And if you do want to lay out the coin, the HD trike is a bit of a dark horse for the aftermarket "stuff". It is really hard to trick out one of these machines and that is a turnoff for some. There are LOTS of goodies for 2017+ bikes, but when you say "trike" they say...not enough volume to justify the investment. Keep jacking the price $1500/yr and they might start saying that about the Trike itself...

Around our area, (Doc's & Gateway) the dealers I have checked with can't keep the Freewheeler in stock.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png