What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Added some parts this week

Installed DK's lift kit and replaced stock slipons with Vance & Hines Slash Cuts for Freewheelers. Lift kit was easy following directions even for a 75 year old working on the garage concrete floor. Mufflers took longer because of rear hanger bolt position. I had ordered a ratchet pivot head 1/2" wrench from e-bay but it didn't arrive until job was done. Lift kit really smoothed out the smaller bumps on roadway.Both items well worth the expense and labor involved.

Got Engine guard (crash Bars) Heat shields & soft lowers (dealer).

Got in a traffic jam going to Waterloo Trail of Tears my R thy almost blistered, sure makes the difference, guess next thing I'll ad is Hi-way pegs. No Pic. of soft lowers, they fit good i like the zipper pouch on them. (don't know why both Pic. is side ways? Took with phone)

20200830_121421.jpg20200922_114343.jpg

Ordered a 15" light tint windshield from Freedom Shields for my '19 FW.

They had been out of stock of light and medium tint due to Covid. All their suppliers were making only clear acrylic for store / school use as partitions. I emailed them on a different subject yesterday, they got back to me last night and mentioned they expect delivery by the end of the week and those 2 tint options are now available again when ordering online.

5k service slowly coming up, I'm at 4,700 miles. I can do it myself but normally when my stuff is under warranty I take 'em to the dealer.

Ordered a 15" light tint windshield from Freedom Shields for my '19 FW.

They had been out of stock of light and medium tint due to Covid. All their suppliers were making only clear acrylic for store / school use as partitions. I emailed them on a different subject yesterday, they got back to me last night and mentioned they expect delivery by the end of the week and those 2 tint options are now available again when ordering online.

5k service slowly coming up, I'm at 4,700 miles. I can do it myself but normally when my stuff is under warranty I take 'em to the dealer.

Nice. I have been doing my own routine service so far. I did have my local dealer install a cool flow fan, mainly because it needed the computer updated to display properly.

Please let us know how you like the shield after you get a chance to test it, and we will of course need pics.

I have a 70 mile ride planned for Sunday. We have had some beautiful wether her lately, but have some storms moving in Sunday night into Monday.

I had to run a brief errand today & passed 5 riders and they were all without helmets, taking advantage of our revised helmet laws.

Nice. I have been doing my own routine service so far. I did have my local dealer install a cool flow fan, mainly because it needed the computer updated to display properly.

Please let us know how you like the shield after you get a chance to test it, and we will of course need pics.

Will do Mike. Looking at about 3 weeks. 1 for them to get the acrylic and their web site says to allow 2 weeks production time since they build per order. Then I need some fudge factor in there for my tired arse to transfer the hardware from my old one. :)

Reactions: MDO
I have a 70 mile ride planned for Sunday. We have had some beautiful wether her lately, but have some storms moving in Sunday night into Monday.

I had to run a brief errand today & passed 5 riders and they were all without helmets, taking advantage of our revised helmet laws.

UPDATE: I got my ride in. In honor of my friend Jack, I did a little Supertramp and took the long way home. I made it an 80 mile ride and had a great lunch with my youngest son. We have been going to new local places every few weeks. We are stimulating the economy & my waistline.

Beautiful weather and lots of bikers out.

My Freewheeler continues to impress.

Which engine guard did you get? Did you also have to replace the dampener bracket?

Got engine guard at Harley dealer, Part #49184-09A $197.96

Damper-bracket #45700054 $26.96.

Faring, lower (soft lowers) #57100210 $85.46.

Prices on parts is what i pay I get 10% discount.

And other day I added mid frame air deflectors #58002-09A $80.96.

to protect my thy from motor heat, I got in stop & go traffic though my R thy was going to be blistered. these are hanging on the wall at the dealer.

Got all this at Natchez Trace Harley Davidson Tuscumbia, Al.

5k service due in about 150 miles on my FW. I was gonna let the dealer do it but decided to do it myself. I ordered everything from New Castle HD around 9 this morning. At 10:45 they emailed that it all has been shipped Fed Ex estimated delivery Saturday. That's what I call service.

I put HD's Heavy Synthetic in the transmission at the 1k, also put it in my Low Rider when I had it. No complaints, it really smoothed shifts and made neutral much easier to find. But, the stuff is clear and hard as he!! to see on the dipstick. So, I'm going back to my ole reliable Belray 85/140 that I'd been using for 20 years. It's red and much easier to see. Had to get it off Amazon.

5k service due in about 150 miles on my FW. I was gonna let the dealer do it but decided to do it myself. I ordered everything from New Castle HD around 9 this morning. At 10:45 they emailed that it all has been shipped Fed Ex estimated delivery Saturday. That's what I call service.

I put HD's Heavy Synthetic in the transmission at the 1k, also put it in my Low Rider when I had it. No complaints, it really smoothed shifts and made neutral much easier to find. But, the stuff is clear and hard as he!! to see on the dipstick. So, I'm going back to my ole reliable Belray 85/140 that I'd been using for 20 years. It's red and much easier to see. Had to get it off Amazon.

Just suggestion, but you might want to look at Redline Shockproof tranny fluid.

Many here use it with great results. I started with HD Syn 3 after my 1,000 mile service, but switched to Lucas motorcycle full synthetic oil in all 3 holes and it performed very well, but when I got to try Redline, it was like a different tranny with much smoother shifting and an easier time finding neutral. I had the problem seeing the regular oil on the tranny dipstick also, but Redline is pink.

The satisfaction of a job done by yourself plus the money saved to spend elsewhere.;)

Yep, you've got that right. I usually do 'em myself once out of warranty but this time I said heck with it. It'll save me 3 hours hanging around the dealership with my thumb up my backside waiting or my wife having to pick me up / drop me off if I were to leave it. Plus, as you said, with the money saved I can get a luggage rack and the Custom Dynamics LED to install on it. :)

B'sides, I'll know *everything* was done right to include proper torques.

Yep, you've got that right. I usually do 'em myself once out of warranty but this time I said heck with it. It'll save me 3 hours hanging around the dealership with my thumb up my backside waiting or my wife having to pick me up / drop me off if I were to leave it. Plus, as you said, with the money saved I can get a luggage rack and the Custom Dynamics LED to install on it. :)

B'sides, I'll know *everything* was done right to include proper torques.

I went with Custom Dynamics LED inserts with my front turn signals and love them and have gotten numerous positive comments. I did change to clear front lens covers for maximum visibility.

While your ordering, I highly recommend their brake light modulator that gives you like 10 different options for brake light patterns and that greatly increases visibility while stopping. I have tried them all, but went with a pattern that pulses 7 times when the brakes are applied, goes solid for about 3 seconds, then repeats. I have had many positive comments on it also, with followers saying it really grabs your attention. The brake modulator is plug & play on the Freewheelers and only takes a few minutes.

Let us know when your done with your mods and how you like them.:cool:

I went with Custom Dynamics LED inserts with my front turn signals and love them and have gotten numerous positive comments. I did change to clear front lens covers for maximum visibility.

While your ordering, I highly recommend their brake light modulator that gives you like 10 different options for brake light patterns and that greatly increases visibility while stopping. I have tried them all, but went with a pattern that pulses 7 times when the brakes are applied, goes solid for about 3 seconds, then repeats. I have had many positive comments on it also, with followers saying it really grabs your attention. The brake modulator is plug & play on the Freewheelers and only takes a few minutes.

Let us know when your done with your mods and how you like them.:cool:

We think alike. I had Custom Dynamics Pro Beam front turn signals on my Low Rider, I swapped them to the FW when I bought it. Also put on CD's LED tail lights and installed the modulator at the same time.

One of these days I need to spring for an LED headlight.

Well it hasnt been just today, but I’ve finished it today. I have ceramic coated my Free. I wish I’d known about it/done it as soon as I got the trike.

I can’t recommend doing it enough.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png