JUST KNIVES

Larry my friend, looks like you've got a vintage U.S. WWII RH Pal 36 Fighting Knife there buddy... :clapping:

Here's a link to some info: https://www.ima-usa.com/products/or...ife-with-leather-scabbard?variant=38445106757

Definitely one to hang onto Larry!!! ThumbUp

Who knew? Well you did Randall and thanks very much for the link. Mine is pitted some from being in the sheath I guess for so many years. I tried to buff some of it up but sounds like that might be some of the Parkerization so probably didn't help what ever value it had but that's not why I had it anyway. It did it's job on one deer.

I couldn't hack the taste of that long legged rat so never went after anymore. Rabbits and pheasant is more to my taste so mine saw a lot of blood which most likely got in the sheath as well. Interesting that the one in the link as a hole near the point as mine does not. Seems like a smart thing to have added to my way of thinking.

And no, there's no way I was going to sell it anyway. I was just curious if anyone knew anything and BINGO, Randall came to the rescue. Again, thank you very much for the info. Probably shouldn't have buffed it up but had to to read the maker. Done now so oh well. Maybe when all my stuff is sold off after I'm dead, someone can make some money off it as I sure won't. I though I found it a garage sale but maybe it was my dad's, I just don't remember. This getting old is not easy. I forget things if I go to sleep now. Oh well.:) :) :)

Last edited:
Randall, I sent you something on the Queen knives. Looks like the one with a blade on each end is around 1958-60. Let me know if I'm close.

I need to get off my butt and take some pix of the other knives I got from "the collection".

Randall, I sent you something on the Queen knives. Looks like the one with a blade on each end is around 1958-60. Let me know if I'm close.

I need to get off my butt and take some pix of the other knives I got from "the collection".

Got it! thanks Bill, yep you are correct on that 20200327_222006.jpg

I was drawn to the color and look of the bone it's very hard to find and I was lucky to get it.

The other is the one was the produced afterwards and most associated by the Winterbottom name.

20200327_230323.jpg

This I was told it dated late 60's early 70's as there is only the blade etching and no tang stamp. The gentleman that sold me this one also sold me a 3 blade version but it hasn't arrived just yet...I will post when it does.

Went and pulled a picture of the tang stamp for it from his email 20200327_232439.jpg

"Small Q" 1971 transition stamp

Said both purchased around the same period

I hope you're not going to stop there. :gah::gah:

Let me put it this way...

now that we're quarantined to the house it's going to be a lot harder for someone not to notice all these little padded envelopes getting ready to start rolling in.

I spoke with my friend and am planning to go by and check out a few more knives from her.

A Kabar hunting knife (not the military combat type), and a German hunting knife. If I have any money left, maybe another Case. Her list shows a Queen also. There a few stilettos, but they might be too high.

I spoke with my friend and am planning to go by and check out a few more knives from her.

A Kabar hunting knife (not the military combat type), and a German hunting knife. If I have any money left, maybe another Case. Her list shows a Queen also. There a few stilettos, but they might be too high.

Well from the pictures I've seen there's still some really nice knives there. Wish I could look through them...most the time the collector type knives are jumped on, so it's hard to find a good brand at a decent price.

Didn't do bad ...my other Queen will be here tomorrow, and he sold me 2 Ka bar's from his collection. In total Ive got 8 coming, 1 offer pending and 3 more watching...

Like I said... really, really bad.

All together I spent under $150 shipped not including the ones not already committed to.

Well from the pictures I've seen there's still some really nice knives there. Wish I could look through them...most the time the collector type knives are jumped on, so it's hard to find a good brand at a decent price.

Didn't do bad ...my other Queen will be here tomorrow, and he sold me 2 Ka bar's from his collection. In total Ive got 8 coming, 1 offer pending and 3 more watching...

Like I said... really, really bad.

All together I spent under $150 shipped not including the ones not already committed to.

A whole lot cheaper than I did. And I didn't have to pay shipping. 2 made up half the cost with the other nine making up the other half.

I have a copy of her master list of 99% of the knives. PM me what you are looking for and I'll see what is available.

I'm going by Monday or Tuesday hoping that Virginia doesn't make a mandatory lockdown. We need to go to Sam's Club and her house is on the way.

I've already go the stink eye from my wife. But I thought I had a good excuse. I cannot for the life of me find my old Buck that I carried daily for years. And yes, I looked on my hip just in case. My wife says she's seen it but she also hasn't found it. That thing used to take a nice edge. I sure wish she would find it. I've emptied all the drawers I thought it might have accidentally got put in. I wanted to start carrying it again darn it. It was/is a darn good knife. I don't remember what model but it can with it's own leather sheath. Hopefully she'll find it.

ozfUfPQi_o.gif

A whole lot cheaper than I did. And I didn't have to pay shipping. 2 made up half the cost with the other nine making up the other half.

I have a copy of her master list of 99% of the knives. PM me what you are looking for and I'll see what is available.

I'm going by Monday or Tuesday hoping that Virginia doesn't make a mandatory lockdown. We need to go to Sam's Club and her house is on the way.

Will do! ThumbUp.

With me it's going to be a $ factor, I've been watching auctions and doing deals for best offers and emailing the seller to ask if they would consider a lower price. I've also been looking at the ones with bad pictures, or descriptions. The person usually has no attachment or just doesn't know what they have.

My average sweet spot is around $20-30 or less mainly, the most expensive $50-55 and in between.

Most expensive was $113 on a 70's vintage case, but I put that on a no interest card...that's the advantage of using PayPal.

I've already go the stink eye from my wife. But I thought I had a good excuse. I cannot for the life of me find my old Buck that I carried daily for years. And yes, I looked on my hip just in case. My wife says she's seen it but she also hasn't found it. That thing used to take a nice edge. I sure wish she would find it. I've emptied all the drawers I thought it might have accidentally got put in. I wanted to start carrying it again darn it. It was/is a darn good knife. I don't remember what model but it can with it's own leather sheath. Hopefully she'll find it.

ozfUfPQi_o.gif

Hang in there....it will turn up eventually :good:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png