advice

His Freewheeler has a bad rear brake light switch, I found the code today. He has an extended warranty @ the same dealer I buy from here in Jax Fl. He will take it in and it should be good to go We had a good visit today and plan on doing some riding soon

Jack you are a good man.

Assistance

Hey Jack

Once again thank you for your patient and assistance.

I did get the bike in today at the HD. They still said they need to do their own DTC< As soon they take care of it, I should get a call to let me know what's the problem and how long will stay in the repair shop.

will keep you posted

Hey Jack

Once again thank you for your patient and assistance.

I did get the bike in today at the HD. They still said they need to do their own DTC< As soon they take care of it, I should get a call to let me know what's the problem and how long will stay in the repair shop.

will keep you posted

Good deal Luis, it was good to meet you and I look forward to riding with you. Do post on what Adamec finds wrong, I am sure they will scan it and find the rear brake switch code

Ill sure second that……… your a TRUE biker and FRIEND to all!

Hope you find FAIR WIND and Smooth Sailing , Jack!

Pete

Thanks Pete, This is what we do as bikers, we all have been jammed up at one time and lo and behold it is our brothers and sisters that are there for us

If I did not believe in this I doubt I would still be riding

Luis had a compound problem that took us both down a rabbit hole, but I am pretty sure the diagnostics ( After ruling everything else out, I did a final scan and found what I pretty much suspected, the rear brake light switch) will be confirmed by our local dealer and with the warranty Luis has it should be a win win;)

Assistance

Morning Jack

Well like I promise. The update on the bike is: they replace the Rear Brake Light Switch. I have break light, turn signals. So far so good.

Guess what! Now the LED light stay on. I had to disconnect the connection from the LED to the batt. :xzqxz:

If is not one thing is the other.

Morning Jack

Well like I promise. The update on the bike is: they replace the Rear Brake Light Switch. I have break light, turn signals. So far so good.

Guess what! Now the LED light stay on. I had to disconnect the connection from the LED to the batt. :xzqxz:

If is not one thing is the other.

Good deal Luis, 1 thing at a time

Next we will figure out the LED lights when you have time;)

Assistance

End of work today si at 5pm, After will be or better yet trying to find out what Couse the problem with this LED lights.

When I left the shop, the light wasn't on. But soon I stop to refuel the bike, the light blue came on. Even when the engine off. After then, the light continues on until I arrive at home.

Guess the bike is telling me something :Shrug:

End of work today si at 5pm, After will be or better yet trying to find out what Couse the problem with this LED lights.

When I left the shop, the light wasn't on. But soon I stop to refuel the bike, the light blue came on. Even when the engine off. After then, the light continues on until I arrive at home.

Guess the bike is telling me something :Shrug:

Interesting, I still want to find exactly where the installer of the LED lights tapped into the brake light circuit. Once we figure that out for sure it may be as simple as doing a restart of the LED lights, until then I would keep the power to the LED lights off to avoid any unseen problems

Assistance

Hello Jack

what I did so far, I disconnected all wire from LED to the batt. Connected back one wire at time. Still the problem continues.

Now the other issue I have is I cannot connect to the radio. The break light and turn signal are working.

Hello Jack

what I did so far, I disconnected all wire from LED to the batt. Connected back one wire at time. Still the problem continues.

Now the other issue I have is I cannot connect to the radio. The break light and turn signal are working.

That is strange. The brake and turn signals should not have anything to do with the Led or the radio, each has its own circuits, unless there is a wire on the other systems that is connected wrong in an existing wire harness

How is the radio connected? I would assume the LED and radio install have a fuse? Or were they both connected @ the battery?

That is strange. The brake and turn signals should not have anything to do with the Led or the radio, each has its own circuits, unless there is a wire on the other systems that is connected wrong in an existing wire harness

How is the radio connected? I would assume the LED and radio install have a fuse? Or were they both connected @ the battery?

Some radios have a separate constant hot lead to keep the clock and programmed stations alive. If this radio has that feature that hot lead could be the cause for this problem.

Yes, very strange. RADIO: is just two speakers and the amp plus the Bluetooth. Now the amp is connected to one of the wires we saw that it does not make no sense where is connected. The LED, I will re-do the connection. I need to buy a POSI-TAP.

Back