CB on 2014 TG

My dealer is offering 10% off parts at time of delivery and full labor charges to install... $85 per hour:
3 hours for the 3M fender protection
1 hour for tour pack luggage rack
1 hour for bumper
And so on....

Your dealer is quite pricy. Charging 3 hours to install the 3M fender protectors is way over board.

Our local dealer that has a dyno ( no others do of the 6) wants $350 to dyno my wifes Sportster Trike since it has new pipes/cleaner added with the trike job.
I told them NFW!!!
I'll listen to it pop once in a while! RipOffs!
This dealer bought out the old original dealer a few years ago. We bought her Sportster at that dealer. When we changed pipes and SE cleaner back then it was less than half that.

What are they going to charge to install/wire the PTT switch?
If the CB is only a reflash why was there a $140 labor charge? That is almost two hours?
I don't understand why HD just doesn't 'install' the CB on new models for folks who want/need it? I thought that was nice to have, especially if in a group. Not everyone has the latest electronics to hookup.

Sad thing is the folks who buy the 2014 have to pay for something that came with the 09 - 13's. Good old Harley, still looking to remove parts and still charge a premium price.

According to the dealers I spoke with, the MOCO spoke with many of "us" and we said we don't use the CB so they made it an option. Dam "us". Project Rushmore.....yeah rush more profit to the Moco. :D

According to the dealers I spoke with, the MOCO spoke with many of "us" and we said we don't use the CB so they made it an option. Dam "us". Project Rushmore.....yeah rush more profit to the Moco. :D

They must have JUST talked with all the guys bragging about their bluetooths! They do like to brag!

I'm still hoping they'll come to their senses and put the oil cooler back on next year! All they need is a new cooler ala the one like Victory uses on it's crusers like Jackpots which is triangular shaped and fits between the frame downtubes. It could go right above where they replaced the old one with the new 'leaking device'
errr, I mean liquid cooling stuff.

I know what I told them. I'm a part of their Advisory Committee, we get surveys almost every month. I remember a survey from last year where they ask about the new radio design and options. I know the last thing I would tell them is to make the CB optional in their premium touring line, doesn't make good sense because I use the heck out of it when I travel. I know I wasn't in favor of the new radio. The cost of repair when it takes a crap will probably be steep.

After all this time saying I won't buy a '14 - at least until next April, I bought one Saturday.
The dealer finally caved to my counter-offer. ....Damn him.:D
Saturday was nice and I got about 20 miles on the bike, Sunday it cooled off a bit and rained, Monday it snowed. Maybe I should have waited to buy it. :)
But this coming weekend is going to be in the 50's so maybe I'll get a few hunderd miles under my belt.

When I requested to have the CB installed, the service manager said it would be $380, plus antenna at $30, PTT switch at $150 and 4.5 hours labor $450. I told him to jump in the lake. I'm not paying a thousand dollars for something that was free up until this year. He said the reason for the long install was those schrouds around the speakers. They have a lot of fasteners that have to be removed. :gah:

I told him about the thread on Trike Talk about the antenna being included and to check with Harley.
Can you guys that got the free install please post your dealer's names so I have some ammo when I talk with them again. Maybe I can shame then into some kind of break.
They did give me 20% off on all parts that I want to add on, but no break on the install for them.

The CB Module (pn 76000486) $325.00 in HD catalog. I had it installed before taking delivery. Had PTT switch was on the handle bar but the antenna cost me $48 with all the parts. Dealer gave a flat rate to install accessories installed before delivery so can't help you there. A few members on here have said they installed their own.

With regard to the Triker who said he would never use the CB, we don't talk on the CB "Hey Trucker" but we use it as our communication between bikes when riding, either with one or two bikers/trikers or with our HOG Chapter. Sure beats the days when you had a problem or had to make a pit stop and the rest of the group was 5 miles up the road. I have a 2010 Tri and was upset I paid top dollar and it did not come with a security system but here we are 3 years and 35,000 miles later and I've never had a problem with anyone trying to steal it in the night. I think ALMOST anyone that buys a Trike will want the creature comforts of the model and let's face it, communication on the road at our age is probably #1, wouldn't you agree?

With regard to the Triker who said he would never use the CB, we don't talk on the CB "Hey Trucker" but we use it as our communication between bikes when riding, either with one or two bikers/trikers or with our HOG Chapter. Sure beats the days when you had a problem or had to make a pit stop and the rest of the group was 5 miles up the road. ?

Ditto, exactly!

D.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png