CB on 2014 TG

Another reason why I wouldn't buy a Gold Wing. No CB no deal. I need the CB.

I think you'll find that most Wing riders buy the CB because most Wing riders use them frequently. I ride with some Harley riders who actually brag about not knowing how to turn the CB on. They have no desire to communicate between bikes, which surprises the hell out of me. No wonder Harley dropped them on the Tri. Saves the company bucks, (like they really need it right?) and few seem to care.

If Harley was trying to save money, why did they keep the CB on the Limited????
Everyone I talk to wants the CB, especially the road captains.
Putting the PTT switch on the right side was another f%$# up......especially if you use a hand mic.

FRR, it surprises me too, but we are talking about REAL bikers here - what do they need a CB for? :D Just riding from one bar to the next???? :D

They are the ones that don't and won't have a GPS, because getting lost is fun....to them. Which I would agree with if I had all the time in the world to take advantage of that. Unfortunately I don't.

Sometimes it's OK to just ride and not have all those electronic gizmos interrupting your peace of mind, but I'm sure glad I have them both. ThumbUp

Where does it say the CB is standard in 2015? I looked over the 2015 pages pretty well and didn't see anything to say that other than that the CB has 6 presets. But that could just mean that there is memory for 6 presets WHEN you add the CB... :confused:

Where does it say the CB is standard in 2015? I looked over the 2015 pages pretty well and didn't see anything to say that other than that the CB has 6 presets. But that could just mean that there is memory for 6 presets WHEN you add the CB... :confused:

look at the picture it even shows 2 antennes

Normally all those pictures of new models have a lot of add on's that are from the P&A catalog and are not standard.

If they did put the CB back on the '15's and didn't increase the price, I will be a very pissed off person after having to spend $800+ to install it on my '14.

Normally all those pictures of new models have a lot of add on's that are from the P&A catalog and are not standard.

If they did put the CB back on the '15's and didn't increase the price, I will be a very pissed off person after having to spend $800+ to install it on my '14.

That is how I felt when they changed the transmission sprocket for the 2011 MY, I called and they said it was an improvement so the folks with the 09 - 10's were SOL.

Anyone know the actual power out put on the HD CB, not what it is rated for, but the actual power watts out? The reason I ask is that I got a SWR meter and found that the stock CB antenna's both long and short had a very high SWR reading, which can cause a problem with range and can damage the finals in the radio, thus limit the power output or even completely blow the finals and the radio is toast. My dealer is no help and they do not check SWR and their idea to check CB output is to transmit to another bike 20 feet away......??? My meter has a power reading and it only shows about one watt to 1 1/2 watts with modulation, not very good. I got the CB back to 1.1 and below 1.5 across the entire band but had to go with a two foot firestick antenna with adjustable tip and had to use the Sierra Electronics HD adapter to thread on the firestick.

Another point on the PTT, my Tri Glide did not come with it and it was problem to buy just the PTT button.

I had the same issue for my 14 tri glide with no PTT button, so dealer installed the lighted switch set up, and the saw that the reverse button did not work. They could not figure out a solution so they called HD and after three days were told that HD did not make any lighted switch for the 14 tri glide, so my only option was to buy the entire non lighted switch housing to gain a PTT, however during the three day wait on HD I did some research and found that all HD switches are made the same on the inside, the only difference is on the case and the buttons. In other words all switch wire harness are lighted and have the reverse wiring present, just change out the button caps. I did just that, remove switch cover and popped off the reverse button cap and saw that it had two little plastic tabs on the sides of the bottom of the button that prevented it from rocking down, took my pocket knife and sheared them off, replaced cap and cover and pushed the switch down and there was reverse. Surprised that HD could not realize this simple fix. Told my dealer this solution as they had three other trikes with the same problem and at first they said no way, can't be that simple. I should have charged them for the info.

NamVet, It would be interesting to see if Harley knowingly installs a CB antenna that will damage the radio.

As to your episode with the dealer and the reverse switch. I've brought to my dealers attention a couple times about fixing a problem that they said couldn't be done. One example was installing the CB module and the amp. Dealer said it can't be done because the CB module sits in the same place as the amp - long story - I have both now after bringing them 3 articles from 3 other dealers that are doing it.
I would be surprised if your dealer will do that modification without checking with "tech support" for an OK or just saying it will void the warranty and not do it.

Thanks for that great tip about those tabs.

Waiting on delivery of my new 2015 Tri Glide and the CB is not standard. MoCo likes their add on expense. I use my CB a lot riding with friends. Just FYI

I had a CB on my 2012 TriGlide, and wish it was on my new 2015. But, I think a good way to go for emergencys is to put my cased portable CB with antenna that I carry in my truck in the Trike storage if on a trip. It is hand-hold size and in a nice case. All I need is a power outlet installed. No permanent antenna or $800 fee?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png