CB on 2014 TG

Ok here is my question, when I purchased my 2014 TG. I requested several items and I was quoted a price for each item. The CB was quoted at 325.00 and we know now that it cost a lot more than that. Considering the continuous problems I have had with the after the sale service with this bike should I try to hold them to the price or suggest they buy the bike back?

got a call yesterday and the dealer said my parts are in. will drop it off next week. When I ask about them coming to get it because of the recall I was told it would be another week before they could come get it. so I will load it up and deliver it.

Why wouldn't the hand mike work? The plug on the tank console is the same plug as all the past years.

trikermutha, not sure on the CB antenna, but the radio antenna is fiberglass and the old ones were metal. Don't ask how I found that out.
I was lucky, my service manager had an antenna in his office and he gave it to me when I showed him what I did to mine. :)

For those of you that were thinking of installing their own CB this is what looks like installed. The antenna wire and wire connection are there just plug in. I did not install it myself and mine had the PTT switch on it.CB installed.jpg

Moe, Any more thoughts on the hand held mike? I just checked the helmet connection plug on the kit I got for my 2010 Limited and the box I just got for the 2014 TG - they are the same and the part number is the same so I'm assuming the mike will also work on the '14. Won't know for sure until the dealer installs the CB.
Hope so, I don't want to have to buy another one. I'm upset as it is because I can't find a place to hook it on the bars. I have a cup holder on the right side so now I have to hang the mike over the cup holder. I tried velcro on the gas cap lid, but that only worked until it got hot out.

I used the headset that was on my helmet for a few weeks it worked fine and it was off my 05 Ultra. Also have headsets that you can wear with or without a helmet and that worked fine both on intercom and CB.

The hand held mic does not work and yes the plugs are the same? It has to be a soft wear issue or they don't want you taking your hand off the handlebar for liability reasons.

We have used the headsets alone for years and did not use the mic headset was just easier really don't miss the mic. Had a harder time with the PTT on the right side!

If that's the case that's a real bummer. I use the hand mike 100% - I hate having something over or in my ears while riding. I want to be able to hear what's going on around me at all times. Maybe someone will come up with a solution. For now I will contact the dealer (hopefully in time) and stop the order for the CB - it will be useless for me without the mike.
Thanks for the heads up - that might have cost me big$$$$. ThumbUp

When the dealer was installing my CB they called and said that the CB antenna and the stock 2014 radio antenna were not the same heigh and did I want to change the radio antenna so they would match. I did without ever seeing the stock radio, but both of mine look just alike.
Also on another note.(and I am not sure if it is true or not) I was told that one can use a hand held mike but you must have it keyed to talk and use the PTT switch at the same time. I can see that being an issue.
My bike did not come with a PTT switch and the dealer ended up giving me and installing a full set of lighted switches to get the PTT on it for me.

Stopped at the dealer last night to confirm this. They said they are aware of it and have a solution for it. They have already converted 2 bikes this week and the mike works perfectly. What a relief.......of course now I still have to spend mucho $$$$. :teeth:

jcoud, that would be a real trick - I guess riding with both hands off the handlebars is safer then just one. What a bunch of morons.
If Harley's lawyers are affaid of being sued because someone took their hand of the handlebar(were there ANY cases like that or were they just thinking IT MIGHT happen) how do they explain truck drivers??? They do it almost 24/7 and they're suppose to be the safest drivers on the road. :D

I'm really beginning to think H-D decision makers are drinking the kool-aid. ThumbUp

Stopped at the dealer last night to confirm this. They said they are aware of it and have a solution for it. They have already converted 2 bikes this week and the mike works perfectly. What a relief.......of course now I still have to spend mucho $$$$. :teeth:

jcoud, that would be a real trick - I guess riding with both hands off the handlebars is safer then just one. What a bunch of morons.
If Harley's lawyers are affaid of being sued because someone took their hand of the handlebar(were there ANY cases like that or were they just thinking IT MIGHT happen) how do they explain truck drivers??? They do it almost 24/7 and they're suppose to be the safest drivers on the road. :D

I'm really beginning to think H-D decision makers are drinking the kool-aid. ThumbUp
Please keep us updated on that work around for the hand held!

After all the trouble and waiting the dealer came through for me, I got my CB installed, got the right rack on the tour pack. They stepped up and made things right. now maybe I can enjoy my new Trike. Also all recalls where done. pepper

I ordered a tour pak rack also. What was wrong with the one you got???

it was the wrong one, when I bought my bike I put my finger on one that was on another bike and said I want a rack like this and somewhere between there and the service dept it got mixed up and they installed the wrong rack. but they fixed it and it looks good.

Attachments

• 2014 Triglide[6].jpg
    2014 Triglide[6].jpg
    441 KB · Views: 101
  • 2014 Triglide[8].jpg
    2014 Triglide[8].jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 116

Also curious as to how the squelch is adjusted without the PPT switch, Keep us informed. Please

Don't know which one you pointed to, so I hope the one I ordered will fit. It's the same one (53665-87) I had on my 2012 and the P&A catalog doesn't say it won't fit.

Don't know which one you pointed to, so I hope the one I ordered will fit. It's the same one (53665-87) I had on my 2012 and the P&A catalog doesn't say it won't fit.

The one on the left was the first one and the one on the right is the one I wanted. the mounting holes are the same so all is good now. I believe that number is for the first one.

Sylwoody, still not sure which one you wanted. The pictures are top/bottom, not left/right. I'm assuming you are refering to the on top (without the Harley name and light) as the one you didn't want. That is the one I wanted.
I like the squared off design of the regular rack because it's easier to use bungie cords with it.

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you said the one you didn't want wouldn't fit the new TP.

Are you using the hand mike for your CB?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png