What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

The horn, the brakes and the swerve where pretty much simultaneous ... and she did swerve back a little ... which probably contributed to no contact.

Naaa.....She didn't swerve because of you....Thats just the way they drive..They 'Swerve' for no apparent reason even when alone on the road......Like when they are piloting a shopping cart in the supermarket did you ever try to walk around one, You can never tell which way they are gonna swerve with the cart....

Woman don't have' Or have very little peripheral vision like men do' So they are not aware of their surroundings as men are!......:NoJoke:

Naaa.....She didn't swerve because of you....Thats just the way they drive..They 'Swerve' for no apparent reason even when alone on the road......Like when they are piloting a shopping cart in the supermarket did you ever try to walk around one, You can never tell which way they are gonna swerve with the cart....

Woman don't have' Or have very little peripheral vision like men do' So they are not aware of their surroundings as men are!......:NoJoke:

<--- Stepping Back away from you ... don't want any part of the wrath ... :D

Treading on thin ice here...
:p

Installed the Filtered valves, well tried to. If you screw them into the valve stems I have, the physically shut off all flow ... they are going back.

Next I rode the trike to Big O. Asked them if they are familiar with the Dyna Beads. They told me they put them in the Oil Field truck tires all the time.

So I told him that I wanted the air removed, and Nitrogen put in. He said no problem. He moved the trike forward until the front stem was at 10 o'clock and slowly bled the air. He then removed the valve to get all of it out. Installed the valve and pumped it up with Nitrogen. Repeated the process for the two rear wheels.

Kira loved being in the pet palace on the trike in the work bay. She barked at everyone. The guys all came over and played with her. All told, we were there about 25 minutes. I gave thatch $20 ... best entertainment I've had in weeks ... :D

Kira and I then went for our morning ride. We don't leave at first light any more ... it was 54* at dawn this morning. We were at Big O about 7:30, on the road by 8:00. Still nippy, but, do able. Anyway, check another item off the list.

Installed the Filtered valves, well tried to. If you screw them into the valve stems I have, the physically shut off all flow ... they are going back.

Next I rode the trike to Big O. Asked them if they are familiar with the Dyna Beads. They told me they put them in the Oil Field truck tires all the time.

So I told him that I wanted the air removed, and Nitrogen put in. He said no problem. He moved the trike forward until the front stem was at 10 o'clock and slowly bled the air. He then removed the valve to get all of it out. Installed the valve and pumped it up with Nitrogen. Repeated the process for the two rear wheels.

Kira loved being in the pet palace on the trike in the work bay. She barked at everyone. The guys all came over and played with her. All told, we were there about 25 minutes. I gave thatch $20 ... best entertainment I've had in weeks ... :D

Kira and I then went for our morning ride. We don't leave at first light any more ... it was 54* at dawn this morning. We were at Big O about 7:30, on the road by 8:00. Still nippy, but, do able. Anyway, check another item off the list.

==ThumbUp==

You've got me thinking about putting nitrogen in my TG tires. Costco put it in my SUV last year when I got new tires and it really does maintain tire pressure better it seems to me. So yesterday I asked if the would do it even when they didn't install new tires. Said yes but when I said it was a Harley trike he said no because they need the wheels off the ground (no weight on them I guess) when the remove the air and no way to do that on the TG at their shop. Didn't ask but wondering if the pull a vacuum to get as much air out as possible. Anyway he said if I remove the wheels and bring them in he would do it. Seems like a lot of trouble for that. Just wondering others experiences since Big O didn't have any problem doing yours.

You've got me thinking about putting nitrogen in my TG tires. Costco put it in my SUV last year when I got new tires and it really does maintain tire pressure better it seems to me. So yesterday I asked if the would do it even when they didn't install new tires. Said yes but when I said it was a Harley trike he said no because they need the wheels off the ground (no weight on them I guess) when the remove the air and no way to do that on the TG at their shop. Didn't ask but wondering if the pull a vacuum to get as much air out as possible. Anyway he said if I remove the wheels and bring them in he would do it. Seems like a lot of trouble for that. Just wondering others experiences since Big O didn't have any problem doing yours.

Jerry, we were taught to take the weight off when bleeding the tires down so we did not end up with a bead off the wheel. Most shops put a car on a hoist, remove the valve core, bleed the tire down. Then they give the tire about a 5lb shot of Nitrogen and bleed it down one last time before doing the final fill. This removes moisture and trash from the tire;)

Jerry, we were taught to take the weight off when bleeding the tires down so we did not end up with a bead off the wheel. Most shops put a car on a hoist, remove the valve core, bleed the tire down. Then they give the tire about a 5lb shot of Nitrogen and bleed it down one last time before doing the final fill. This removes moisture and trash from the tire;)

Exactly.........If you don't remove ALL the air along with ALL its natural occurring moisture the reason for adding nitrogen is for nought. But if your not dealing with airplane tires or over the road truck tires who's gonna know the difference..:Shrug:...

[/COLOR]

Exactly.........If you don't remove ALL the air along with ALL its natural occurring moisture the reason for adding nitrogen is for nought. But if your not dealing with airplane tires or over the road truck tires who's gonna know the difference..:Shrug:...

Agree, if your main concern is moisture then do it. If you want a better ride the facts do not fully support that.

Exactly how hey did the trike, jacked up one wheel at a time (Just used a floor jack like I do at home), bled the air, shot some Nitrogen in, bled that, then refilled to pressure.

Agree, if your main concern is moisture then do it. If you want a better ride the facts do not fully support that.

Exactly why Innovative Balancing recommends nitrogen, keep the beads dry, they balance better. I've used in in all my vehicles for years. I only have them check pressures when I'm leaving town. It is very rare they have to adjust them. I can't tell any difference in the ride, but, the hassle of checking tire pressure is not as bad now.

Exactly how hey did the trike, jacked up one wheel at a time (Just used a floor jack like I do at home), bled the air, shot some Nitrogen in, bled that, then refilled to pressure.

Exactly why Innovative Balancing recommends nitrogen, keep the beads dry, they balance better. I've used in in all my vehicles for years. I only have them check pressures when I'm leaving town. It is very rare they have to adjust them. I can't tell any difference in the ride, but, the hassle of checking tire pressure is not as bad now.

Cool, I'm curious, do they charge you to fill with Nitrogen? I have always heard it was better, but I don't have a clue were to get it locally.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png