Late nighters---unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hopefully a lot more yet to appreciate. In a couple of weeks I'll be attending my 50th HS reunion. We have one every year and see a lot of childhood friends.

My father and father-in-law died from stomach cancer years ago. One at 66 and the other at 72. They both passed within three weeks of being diagnosed.

My 30th reunion was last year. I've never attended any of my reunions. My wife graduated from the same school 2 years after I did, and I've attended all of hers. Go figure.

My FIL was 74 when he passed in September, and my dad is still going at 71. Dad is fairly healthy.

We've only gone to one of her reunions. We went to different schools, there were over 600 students in her senior class and only 49 in mine. She went to school here and I went to a small rural school about 60 miles east of Kansas City. She sees her old classmates fairly often just from getting out and about on a daily basis.

Sack time for me Scott. Have a good morning.

We've only gone to one of her reunions. We went to different schools, there were over 600 students in her senior class and only 49 in mine. She went to school here and I went to a small rural school about 60 miles east of Kansas City. She sees her old classmates fairly often just from getting out and about on a daily basis.

Our school was pretty big. 350 graduated from my class and 375 from hers. At her 20 year reunion about 80 showed up. At her 25 year only about 55 were there. She pretty much organized the whole thing from notifying the alumni to securing the venue to decorating it. She was so tired by the time the actual reunion started that she couldn't enjoy it. You wouldn't believe how much time she put into it.

Some idiot got drunk and started running his mouth about how this or that could've been done better right in front of me, not knowing who had organized it. I took him aside and had a quiet talk with him about a few things. He kept his mouth shut the rest of the time, at least when I was around.

Yeah, there will always be the complainers. It happens everywhere. Bully for you for sticking up for the wife.

:vxtyaq:

Yeah, there will always be the complainers. It happens everywhere. Bully for you for sticking up for the wife.

:vxtyaq:

The heck of it was, I wasn't drinking at all (at that point), so the fact that he was way intoxicated made him even more annoying to me. Let me just tell you that doofus made the cash bar a success all by himself. The bartender overheard what I said to the guy (he'd been giving her a hard time too), and she slipped me more than a couple of freebies. Of course I served as her bar back too.

Well, looks like it's sleepy time for you. Good night Terry.

Just wanted to say hi, not going to be online much longer. Hope you have a good shift. It has been a long day. The wife caught a flight to Texas with one of her sisters this afternoon and will be gone until Monday. She went to one of her 100+ nieces/nephews weddings. She keeps me in the poor house. :laugh:

Just wanted to say hi, not going to be online much longer. Hope you have a good shift. It has been a long day. The wife caught a flight to Texas with one of her sisters this afternoon and will be gone until Monday. She went to one of her 100+ nieces/nephews weddings. She keeps me in the poor house. :laugh:

I can only imagine. Not just taking flights, but buying gifts for all those weddings. I'd keep a bunch of electric can openers on hand bought in bulk for just such occasions.:D

Hey, I'm just popping in for a minute, too. It's been a rough few days.
We went to a bluegrass event last weekend. On the way home Sunday, I blew both passenger side dual tires on my motorhome on Interstate 81. After finally getting the (1) spare on, I limped to a friend's house at the next exit. On Monday, he took me to get a new tire and helped me put it on in his yard. Back on the road Monday at 3:30, then about 80 miles down the road, the (old) original spare blew out on Interstate 64. A local man told me of a repair shop about 5 miles away. They were of course closed at 7:30 at night. We camped in their parking lot until 7 Tuesday morning when he opened. He ordered a tire and got me going again just before lunch. We got home around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.

That makes 56 hours to go 200 miles, average speed just over 3.6 MPH. :gah:

Pardon the ramble, but I am still getting over this. BTW, I have 5 more tires ordered with an appointment next Monday to have them installed. Just paid off the credit card, too.

BillR, wow, you've had a long and trying 56 hours. Glad the blowouts didn't create a worse situation than you faced.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only imagine. Not just taking flights, but buying gifts for all those weddings. I'd keep a bunch of electric can openers on hand bought in bulk for just such occasions.:D

She doesn't like the gifts I would buy in bulk and hand out and they are probably the best gift. They are used for protection. :laugh:

She doesn't like the gifts I would buy in bulk and hand out and they are probably the best gift. They are used for protection. :laugh:

I was picturing something else for the women right at first. :blush:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I'm just popping in for a minute, too. It's been a rough few days.
We went to a bluegrass event last weekend. On the way home Sunday, I blew both passenger side dual tires on my motorhome on Interstate 81. After finally getting the (1) spare on, I limped to a friend's house at the next exit. On Monday, he took me to get a new tire and helped me put it on in his yard. Back on the road Monday at 3:30, then about 80 miles down the road, the (old) original spare blew out on Interstate 64. A local man told me of a repair shop about 5 miles away. They were of course closed at 7:30 at night. We camped in their parking lot until 7 Tuesday morning when he opened. He ordered a tire and got me going again just before lunch. We got home around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.

That makes 56 hours to go 200 miles, average speed just over 3.6 MPH. :gah:

Pardon the ramble, but I am still getting over this. BTW, I have 5 more tires ordered with an appointment next Monday to have them installed. Just paid off the credit card, too.

Wow, what an adventure. One of these days you'll look back on all this and...nah you won't laugh, you'll still hate it. Just glad you're back in the land of the living. And hey, 3.6 mph is still faster than walking speed...by a little.

:D, gotta dash on that one Scott. Rack time.

Good night Terry.

In other news, I FINALLY got my oversize broken anti-sway hitch off by fedex today. The guy sent me boxes with preformed foam castings inside. It was fine for the smaller part, but not the main hitch head. It is cocked to one side (you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about) so it wouldn't fit the mold. It by itself weighs a little over 85 lbs so it could be packed in just a box. What I did to make everything fit and not jostle around was take the foam and cut it into a bunch of smaller pieces that fit around the hitch head. Then I took about half a roll of strapping tape and went around the box in all directions.

Two weeks ago the lady at the shop quoted me a price of $200 to send it back. Since the guy sent me labels and boxes, the only thing I was out was $5.50 for the roll of strapping tape.

I sure do hope it gets fixed fast and sent back to me.

BillR, wow, you've had a long and trying 56 hours. Glad the blowouts didn't create a worse situation than you faced.

Believe me, I'm extremely grateful that the only thing I lost was time. The wife and I are looking at it as an adventure (in hindsight). The friend we stayed with is also a musician and had a gig at a pizza place Sunday evening. He asked me to come with him and sit in on bass. We got free meals, free beer and when they closed, they gave us the unsold by-the-slice pizza to take home. On top of that, I got $25 in tips. That was a good ending to a not so good day.

Pizza1.jpeg

Believe me, I'm extremely grateful that the only thing I lost was time. The wife and I are looking at it as an adventure (in hindsight). The friend we stayed with is also a musician and had a gig at a pizza place Sunday evening. He asked me to come with him and sit in on bass. We got free meals, free beer and when they closed, they gave us the unsold by-the-slice pizza to take home. On top of that, I got $25 in tips. That was a good ending to a not so good day.

View attachment 36026

If you'd stuck around a few more days, you coulda paid for your tires. ;)

I also notice you're playing your u-bass. What did those guys think of it?

If nothing else, I now know Bill hasn't just been avoiding the thread. :D

Glad to know that although he and his wife had an ordeal, they came out mostly unscathed (except their credit card). And the time away wasn't a total loss, as he made $25.ThumbUp If his wife knows this, she's libel to send him downtown with his uke to do some busking to pay for the tire set for the RV. That's what I'd have to do. Except I'd have to learn to play first. And then hope the cops wouldn't write me up for disturbing the peace.:qpnmt:

Camping in the rain sucks. Just as bad as using the phone as a message machine.
Bill's experience happened to me some MH years ago. Tires look good but rot on the inside. And they dont just go flat they literly explode. Only thing to do is bite the bullet and replace all.

If you'd stuck around a few more days, you coulda paid for your tires. ;)
At $30 per day cat care, I'd have gone in the hole. :AGGHH:

also notice you're playing your u-bass. What did those guys think of it?

The fiddler is my friend. I've played it with him for years. Just met the guitar player that evening, he loved it. I had my upright bass with me, but couldn't have used it in that window space. They had to remove half a booth to fit me in there with them.

All is well that ends well and another blessing served in the midst of difficulty is a very good experience. I keep telling myself not to be tire paranoid. :AGGHH:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png