A Day in the Life...

Old men raffling a trike Imagine that...

Those Shriners sell any tickets on the V8 trike? In front of O'Sullivans I wonder how much and what it is? just curious. sems like a great place to be in the evenings. Nice post Kevin. :victory: ride safe Fred

Those Shriners sell any tickets on the V8 trike? In front of O'Sullivans I wonder how much and what it is? just curious. sems like a great place to be in the evenings. Nice post Kevin. :victory: ride safe Fred

Yes, they sell a fair amount every Wed. nite. Pretty sure they sell at other events also.

Not sure the value of the Trike, but the tickets are $10. We buy one every year. This year we're going to win. :laugh:

They let folks sit on it, start it up and rev the engine. It gets a lot of attention.

Kevin

Biker_zps54wu2urm.jpg

Kevin

Are these the Five phases of life if so I'm in trouble big time. LOL. Travel safely Fred

:laugh: If those were the 5 phases, I would be in trouble too! haha

I hope you do win. I can't think of anyone who would give it a better home.;)

Thank you! I know I would have some fun with it...but I am pretty hard on my rides, so don't know that it would be the best home for it. :D

Kevin

Yesterday we had a heat index of 103* until about 5pm. Then a storm rolled in- Pic below is looking out the front door.

Storm%207-23-17_zpsovrxb659.jpg

Today dawned sunny, cool (70*) and 98% humidity.

Nice ride in!

9%20Roadside_zps5le1r30r.jpg

Kevin

What's all that green stuff in that first pic? Haven't seen that for quite a spell. I live right in the middle of that dark red spot:

Clipboard01.jpg

Went for a spin on the dyna before it got hot. The countryside is toast. All the crops are getting cut for hay, and even that is not yielding much. As a biker I don't usually do this, but, PRAY FOR RAIN! We are hurting...

What's all that green stuff in that first pic? Haven't seen that for quite a spell. I live right in the middle of that dark red spot:

View attachment 47194

Went for a spin on the dyna before it got hot. The countryside is toast. All the crops are getting cut for hay, and even that is not yielding much. As a biker I don't usually do this, but, PRAY FOR RAIN! We are hurting...

That's crazy. Hoping/praying y'all get some rain soon.

Kevin

It has been almost 10 years since I started working on EFI Harleys.

The first 2-3 years I was NOT happy doing so. Carbs are simpler, less expensive to tune, and I was used to them.

Over the last 5-6 years I have grown very comfortable with EFI and rarely find myself automatically going for the petcock and enrichner anymore....

....Until this last weekend!

A few months ago one of my EFI bikes started having an intermittent leak at the quick release connection at the tank.

I purchased a $15 rebuild kit.

When I went to install it this last weekend the "instructions" said to go to their website to see the actual instructions.

I did that and found out and that I should have a $100 set of specialty tools to install the $15 set of parts.

Ok, I thought maybe I should have these tools for the next time. BUT, their website store is not working, so I could not order them.

Yep, I am nostalgic for the carb days.

Fuel%20Tool_zpsenirjss4.jpg

Kevin

It has been almost 10 years since I started working on EFI Harleys.

The first 2-3 years I was NOT happy doing so. Carbs are simpler, less expensive to tune, and I was used to them.

Over the last 5-6 years I have grown very comfortable with EFI and rarely find myself automatically going for the petcock and enrichner anymore....

....Until this last weekend!

A few months ago one of my EFI bikes started having an intermittent leak at the quick release connection at the tank.

I purchased a $15 rebuild kit.

When I went to install it this last weekend the "instructions" said to go to their website to see the actual instructions.

I did that and found out and that I should have a $100 set of specialty tools to install the $15 set of parts.

Ok, I thought maybe I should have these tools for the next time. BUT, their website store is not working, so I could not order them.

Yep, I am nostalgic for the carb days.

Fuel%20Tool_zpsenirjss4.jpg

Kevin

Yup, seems like as model years change the industry likes to change the way we work on things. I have tried lots of work arounds too, not so much good some times so I caved and bought alot of specialty tools too

Mary and I rode up to Beale Street last night...it was about 95* at 6pm when we left, but since there is a bunch of Interstate riding at 80 mph, I put the windshield on to help reduce the buffeting for Mary.

Last week was so warm, this week Mary wore her mesh pants.

Got there early...

Early%20Again_zpsc9aebsbc.jpg

...looking down the other direction, still early.

Early_zpsnarcd5de.jpg

Here is the same look east on Beale, a couple of hours later.

2%20hours%20later_zpsmubbtf7k.jpg

Nice Cholo style Deluxe....not very common in these parts.

Deluxe_zpsvlm20gtx.jpg

Starting to get more folks coming out as it cools down a bit-

Starting%20to%20fill%20up_zpsdo73rhme.jpg

View of a crescent moon from our table at the Rum Boogie.

From%20table_zpsvhlxniox.jpg

We had a great time watching the bike ride by, and thousands of folks walk by.

I did not catch the front of this guys "helmet"...some sort of tiger head. lol

Tiger%20head_zpsv8pdfldi.jpg

Mary, under the moon, getting ready to put her mesh pants on for the ride home-

Mary%20Moon_zpsxhriwmx4.jpg

Kevin

State of Montana is on fire, so we have some nice sunsets. I've been thinking of a pic of the trike at sunset, with some nice clouds for that blue sky, pink cloud effect. Want to use this location, in TRNP, about 45 minutes from home:

BadlandsTrike07.jpg

I want to use a wider lens, and shoot from down low, to get more sky in the pic. Thinking if I time it right I can get a shot of the trike and tree in dark silhouette against the blue and pink sky. Maybe.

So, the other day I'm watching the sky and things are looking good. Sunset's at 830, so at 700 I'm packing the camera and getting gas. Take off for the park and halfway there the clouds scoot off to the south. Nothing but bare sky. Try again another day. I turn back for home, thinking of cruising town looking for other photo ops.

I'm booking down I94 when a bird swoops in and nails my front fork. Bounces off into the ditch. I drive down the road thinking "if that bird had been a split second slower he would have hit my knee instead of my forks."

At 80 MPH that might hurt...

State of Montana is on fire, so we have some nice sunsets. I've been thinking of a pic of the trike at sunset, with some nice clouds for that blue sky, pink cloud effect. Want to use this location, in TRNP, about 45 minutes from home:

View attachment 47321

I want to use a wider lens, and shoot from down low, to get more sky in the pic. Thinking if I time it right I can get a shot of the trike and tree in dark silhouette against the blue and pink sky. Maybe.

So, the other day I'm watching the sky and things are looking good. Sunset's at 830, so at 700 I'm packing the camera and getting gas. Take off for the park and halfway there the clouds scoot off to the south. Nothing but bare sky. Try again another day. I turn back for home, thinking of cruising town looking for other photo ops.

I'm booking down I94 when a bird swoops in and nails my front fork. Bounces off into the ditch. I drive down the road thinking "if that bird had been a split second slower he would have hit my knee instead of my forks."

At 80 MPH that might hurt...

Looking forward to your pics!

Yeah, that would hurt!!!

Kevin

A couple of days ago I was working late and heard a bunch of thunder outside.

It was a bit late (7:45pm) and figured I'd better head out if I wanted to stay dry.

This was the view south of the shop, before I left....

July%2017%20ride%201_zpsbj1mn2ha.jpg

This was the view east of the shop, before I left....

July%2017%20ride%202_zps859zqulk.jpg

This was the view about halfway home (headed north)...photo does not do it justice...that's some serious rain up ahead.

July%2017%20ride%203_zpsxeunwmfx.jpg

As I turned left, off of the interstate, I got a few sprinkles on me during the last 6 miles home.

I was only home 10 minutes when it let loose and dropped at least an inch of rain.

Barely made it! :)

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png