A Day in the Life...

Ahh well what in the works for the bumper reinforcement?

Have not even thought about the bumper in weeks...been pretty busy with a ton of other details....gonna get on it after the first of the year. Probably just re-weld it with a couple of extra gussets in the same place.

Same time I do that, going to also replace the heim joints on the panhard rod with some quality units.

Kevin

Rode in this morning on the Softail...it was chilly, wet and foggy...supposed to be sunny this afternoon. :)

Fog%2012-21-17.jpg

Kevin

Your day looks better than mine. We have sunny, but...

P1020051.jpg

got an inch of the white stuff last night. Light and fluffy, so took the leafblower after the small stuff, the snow brush for the drive and sidewalks. was about half done when a kid on a scooter drove by. When I was his age I was that dumb too.

A little sunset out my back door from the other day...

P1020050.jpg

Your day looks better than mine. We have sunny, but...

View attachment 52644

got an inch of the white stuff last night. Light and fluffy, so took the leafblower after the small stuff, the snow brush for the drive and sidewalks. was about half done when a kid on a scooter drove by. When I was his age I was that dumb too.

A little sunset out my back door from the other day...

View attachment 52645

Beautiful sunset!

Don't know about that white stuff though! :xzqxz:

Kevin

The shop got a "new" used Drill Mill.

Over the last 10 years we have worn out TWO brand new $1000 drill presses.

Last week we stumbled across this 33 year old drill mill. It is in excellent condition.

Drill%20Mill%201.jpg

They just don't make them like this anymore. This unit weighs over four times more than the drill presses we've been using.

Drill%20Mill%202.jpg

I expect this will last another 20-30 years! :)

Kevin

Just in time for a tax deduction. :pepper:

True that! :)

Kevin..

Looks like you guys beat the “Pickers” to that old barn!

Congratulations!

Thanks. We got it from a place that bought it new, barely used it over the last 3 decades, and when they did, all they cut with it was plastic! It is in virtually new condition. :D

PLUS we got it for less than we would have paid for a new, gonna wear out in 3-4 years, drill press.

Kevin

We're working on some Trophies for the 4th Annual IBC.

Here's one that's almost done-

Sample%20Trophy.jpg

A few roughly mocked up-

Trophy%202%20proto.jpg

Trophy%204%20proto.jpg

Trophy%203%20proto.jpg

Trophy%205%20proto.jpg

These parts are nasty, so we need to run them thru the vat before starting to weld them up.

Parts%201.jpg

Here are a few batches, after coming out of the vat...

Parts%202.jpg

Parts%203.jpg

Tomorrow we'll weld them up. :)

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png